Thursday, May 31, 2007

Tight Price Action

Thursday May 31st, 2007 ES Futures

How did it go today

The 5-minute chart does not do the price action justice. Most of my entry signals for today came while price was in tight sideways chop. Notice in the light blue lines in the 5 minute chart below. These lines defines my calculated "immediate trend" that tells me the direction to focus on trades. If the lines "stair step" lower, I look for short entry signals and if the lines "stair step" higher, I'm looking for long trades. As you can see, there are not many steps in the same direction today.


Too often it seemed price was buzzing sideways in about a 1-point range for 10 to even 30 minutes. This left me scratching my head saying the signal really worked. It was just me who did not trust that price would not actual "move" against my entry and cause me to use a bigger stop that I wanted for the trade.
Trade Wise Trade Well
John

No comments: