Tuesday, May 29, 2007

New Style - Spot Light Trade

Tuesday May 29th, 2007 ES Futures

Trying to be more brief - let me know if you like this format or the long style with more details.


How today felt
I was overly cautious today. I knew I would be gone for some of the day and did not want to dig a big hole when I would not be around as much to work my way back out. I felt I kept my focus pretty good in the morning, but still managed to force a few trades to add some small losses to my mix of trades.

Spot Light Trade
I caught one very good entry. Just before 10:42 CT I had a short signal. The initial look at the 5 minute chart makes this look like a counter trend trade. But by the close of the 10:45 CT candle, the 5-minute chart had a slightly lower high to indicate a potential change in direction.

I had to get going to my youngest daughter's graduation from preschool and the price action was trying to hold up. The NYSE Tick was looking weaker and I still liked being short here. As I needed to be gone already, I took the first half off at +0.50 seconds before the market decided to dive. :-(

All of a sudden I was up 2 points on my remaining position. Under normal circumstances I would now take profits on the first half and I would allow the second half to run with a loose stop. You may have already guessed, wanting to lock in some profits I crowded the stop and got knocked out at +2.0 points just before the market started lower again and I ran out the door.

Summary
I'm still forcing some extra trades that I should not be taking. I caught myself a couple times today, but still managed to place some of these extra trades. As price moves without me, I can not let myself "Feel" that I'm missing out as this feeling builds and will eventually drive me to force some trades if I do not clear the thought from my mind.

I don't expect to trade every move in the market. My system does not try to stay in the market all the time. I need to focus on the clearest and best entry signals.

Trade Wise, Trade Well
John

No comments: